CNC Lathe Machinist
Posted Date: September 21, 2022
Status: Full Time
Synopsis: Tri-Tec is searching for a CNC Lathe Machinist to join its Machine Shop team. The CNC Lathe Machinist is responsible for providing finished parts of the highest quality in a timely manner, ensuring all first parts are inspected, and performing daily machine PM’s and fluid checks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Machine parts to specifications using machine tools such as turret lathes.
- Calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of math procedures and instruments such as micrometers, dial calipers and bore gauges.
- Measure, examine, and test completed parts in the machine as well as on the bench in order to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using precision instruments such as micrometers.
- Study sample parts, blueprints, drawings, and engineering information in order to determine methods and sequences of operations needed to machine parts and determine product dimensions and tolerances.
- High school diploma and 1+ years of experience in metalworking or manufacturing.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of CNC machine controls such as Fanuc and Mori and the standard G and M code that is used in each.
- Knowledge of speeds and feeds in materials such as 3 and 4 series stainless steel, Inconel, bronze, and cast iron.
- Knowledge of cutting tools and their geometry in relation to the specified material.
- Knowledge of algebra, geometry, trigonometry, statistics, and their applications.
- Knowledge of machine setups specifically related to clearances, tool packages, order of tools, and live tooling in a turret lathe environment.
- Knowledge of chip and cutting fluid monitoring to make sure the machine is optimizing cutting speeds and coolant flow to keep inserts sharp.
- Ability to interpret blueprints.
- Experience with quality tests and inspections.
- Experience with technical validation and specialized processes.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
Please submit your resume and invitations to self-identify.
Applications received without the required documents may not be considered for the position.
Application due date: Open until filled
Tri-Tec Manufacturing provides the following benefits: Medical - Dental - Vision - Life Insurance - 401k Matching - Generous Paid Time Off plus paid holidays Career development - Mentorship opportunities - Rewards & recognition and much more!
Pay Range: $25.00 – $31.00 per hour depending on qualifications