Electro Mechanical Drafter
Posted Date: September 21, 2022
Status: Full Time
Synopsis: Tri-Tec is searching for an Electro Mechanical Drafter to compliment its dedicated and passionate Engineering team. The Electro Mechanical Drafter will be a Draftsperson and CAD Modeler who will create and manage robust 2D and 3D CAD data and high quality digital and printed documents. In this role, you will support the development, manufacturing, and deployment of valves and valve actuators installed aboard current and future US Navy Destroyers, Frigates and Aircraft Carriers.
This position requires a person who is both independent and a strong team player who possess exceptional organizational skills. The person must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be passionate about success
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Liaise with Engineers and other subject matter experts to interpret design concepts, determine nature and type of required detailed working drawings, and coordinate work with others.
- Create and manage new and legacy parametric SolidWorks part and assembly models and drawings.
- Create models and illustrations of product concepts.
- Create 3D models of machined, turned, 3D printed, cast, and molded parts, printed circuit, cable, and completed product assemblies, as well as manufacturing fixtures and tooling.
- Create fully annotated, dimensioned, and toleranced drawings of manufactured parts and assemblies.
- Generate exploded views and parts-lists/BOMs for mechanical and electromechanical assemblies.
- Adhere to ASME and corporate drafting and modeling standards.
- Generate catalog sheets for complete products.
- Generate illustrations for Technical Writers.
- Participate in drafting/checking cycles prior to release to Document Control.
- Strong English reading and writing skills
- High school or associates degree.
- US citizenship is mandatory due to defense contracts requirements. Background check will be performed.
- 3-years work experience modelling and drafting using SolidWorks.
- Familiarity with ASME Y14.5M, GD&T, and tolerance stack-up, units and precision.
- High attention to detail, accuracy, and consistency.
- Strong communication, grammar, and spelling skills.
- Must be highly organized, independent, and able to effectively prioritize competing tasks and projects.
- 5-years work experience creating engineering and manufacturing drawings.
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Understanding of commonly used materials, manufacturing methods, finishing practices, electromechanical assemblies, and electrical schematics.
- SolidWorks Accreditation or Drafting Degree.
- Resilient Modeling Strategy (RMS).
- SolidWorks PDM usage and administration.
- SolidWorks macros (VBA).
- Strong hands-on mechanical and electrical skills and a willingness to support prototyping and testing activities.
Pay Range: $50,000 - $70,000 annually, depending on qualifications