Embedded Software Design Engineer
Posted Date: May 17, 2023
Status: Full Time
Synopsis: Tri-Tec is searching for an Embedded Software Design Engineer to design, write, troubleshoot, validate, and maintain software and firmware in coordination with Senior Electrical, Software, Firmware, and Mechanical Engineers. In this role, you will support the development, deployment, and maintenance of valve actuators installed aboard current and future US Navy Destroyers, Frigates, Submarines, and Aircraft Carriers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Create Software and Firmware that controls and provides user and communication interfaces to electromechanical valve actuators
- Engage in holistic system design with other Engineering Team members
- Create innovative and patentable technologies that solve problems and create new functionality
- Make improvements to and update legacy software
- Participate in Configuration Management (CM), testing, and qualification of legacy and newly developed software
- Collaborate in all product design efforts in a small, tight-knit Engineering Team
- 5 years of experience in embedded software design
- 5 years of Software Engineering work experience
- Fluency in C programming Language
- Understanding of fundamentals of debugging and use of debugging tools
- Embedded microprocessor experience
- Understanding of standard communication protocols and microcontroller peripherals: GPIO, I2C, SPI, UART (RS-232, RS-485), CAN, timer/counters, PLLs, reset generators, clocking, power management, ADCs, PWM
- Enjoy working with others to solve difficult problems
- US citizenship is mandatory due to defense contracts requirements. Background check will be performed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Software and/or Electrical Engineering
- Must have strong English reading and writing skills
- NXP ARM processor
- Designing/testing to the requirements of quality and reliability standards such as DO-178, SS-473
- Fieldbus (Profibus, Modbus) and fiberoptic communications
- Windows desktop application development
- Configuration Management
- Electromechanical actuators and motion control
- PCB Design
- In-depth troubleshooting and debugging of assembly level code, off-board/inter-IC communication, signal integrity, power, PCB and, other hardware issues
Tri-Tec Manufacturing provides the following benefits: Medical - Dental - Vision - Life Insurance - 401k Matching - Generous Paid Time Off plus paid holidays - Career Development - Tuition Reimbursement - Mentorship Opportunities - Rewards & recognition and much more!
Salary: $100,000.00 - $135,000.00 per year