Quality Assurance Engineer
Posted Date: December 2, 2022
Status: Full Time
Synopsis: Tri-Tec is searching for a Quality Assurance Engineer to develop, promote, and execute quality standards, inspection processes, and test methodology. In this role, you will support the development, manufacturing, and deployment of valves and valve actuators installed aboard current and future US Navy Destroyers, Frigates and Aircraft Carriers.
This position requires a person who has strong attention to detail and excellent verbal and written communication skills. The candidate must be organized, independent, and able to effectively prioritize competing tasks and projects.
The Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for planning and directing activities concerned with the development, application, and maintenance of quality standards for manufacturing processes, materials, products, and systems. They will develop and implement standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation relative to the organization's quality management system; devise sampling procedures and designs and develop forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality data; and assure compliance of Tri-Tec's products and processes. The Quality Engineer assures products leaving the manufacturing department are effective and free from defects or operational problems or errors.
NOTE: This position is based in Bay Minette, Alabama
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Plans and directs activities concerned with the development, application, and maintenance of quality standards for manufacturing processes, materials, products, and systems.
- Develops and implements standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation relative to Tri-Tec's quality management system
- Devises sampling procedures and designs and develops forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality data.
- Assures compliance of Tri-Tec's products and processes.
- Assures products leaving the manufacturing department are effective and free from defects or operational problems or errors.
- Tests and assesses the accuracy of new products based on existing safety standards or performance guidelines; Verifies the accuracy of the product and troubleshoots the correction of any problems or issues.
- Audits products based on ISO 9001:2015 Requirements.
- Determines quality metrics for all manufacturing procedures.
- Monitors the entire production cycle and perform regular tests to identify potential malfunctions as early as possible.
- Updates our Quality Management System (QMS) with incidents, fixes and improvements.
- Inspects product materials and electrical systems for defects and durability.
- Prepares reports on malfunctions and corrective actions.
- Reviews current blueprints and quality documentation, recommending revisions as needed.
- Sets and tracks quality assurance goals.
- Meets with the production team to share results and recommendations.
- Maintains a working relationship with key customer procurement organizations to the benefit of the customer.
- Ensures supplier products shipped to customers meet applicable organizational and contractual requirements.
- Reviews technical publications, articles, and abstracts to stay abreast of technical developments in the industry.
- May assume responsibility for testing the item under various working conditions or for verifying the information that the item provides in the case of computer software programs.
- May provide ideas for modifications and improvements.
- BSc in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or relevant field
- 2+ years of experience as a Quality Engineer or similar role.
- Must be a U.S. Person due to defense department contracts.
- Must be eligible to obtain US Secret Clearance.
- Hands-on experience with Quality Management Systems (QMS) and testing methodologies
- In-depth understanding of technical documentation
- Familiarity with statistical analysis
- Great attention to detail and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff and management, both internal and external
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to perform multiple tasks and obtain results working within strict time frames
- Capacity to work independently from general supervision (must be self-motivated once given direction/guidance)
- Good analytical skills
- Proficient in MS Office software including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Ability to read and interpret assembly and component drawings and engineering specifications
- CAD Data Analysis (measurement & manipulation) (CATIA V5 preferred)
- Basic knowledge of operating measurement equipment (CMM preferred)
- Good knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Must be familiar with DoD and Government contracts US citizenship is mandatory due to defense contracts requirements. Background check will be performed.
- Additional certification in Quality Assurance is a plus
Pay Range: $65,000 - $80,000 per year, depending on qualifications.