Quality Assurance Manager
Posted Date: December 2, 2022
Status: Full Time
Synopsis: Tri-Tec is searching for a Quality Assurance Manager to oversee quality achievement and performance improvement. In this role, you will support the development, manufacturing, and deployment of valves and valve actuators installed aboard current and future US Navy Destroyers, Frigates and Aircraft Carriers.
This position requires a person who has strong attention to detail and excellent verbal and written communication skills. The candidate must be a solution provider with proven management, leadership, and organizational skills.
NOTE: This position is based in Bay Minette, Alabama and requires periodic travel to Wisconsin and Washington.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Promotes quality achievement and performance improvement throughout the organization.
- Develops, implements, and coordinates product assurance programs to prevent or eliminate defects in new or existing products.
- Sets QA compliance objectives ensuring that targets are achieved.
- Maintains awareness of the business, assessing suppliers’ and Tri-Tec’s product specifications and customer requirements.
- Works with TTM Purchasing department to establish quality requirements from suppliers.
- Ensures compliance with national and international standards.
- Defines quality procedures in conjunction with operations personnel; setting up and maintaining controls and documentation; identifying relevant quality-related training needs.
- Analyzes performance data and charts against defined parameters; ensuring tests and procedures are properly understood and carried out.
- Analyzes, evaluates and presents information concerning factors, such as business situations, production capabilities, manufacturing problems, economic trends, and design and development of new products for consideration by other members of the management team.
- Cooperates with other top management personnel in formulating and establishing company policies, operating procedures, and goals.
- Develops initial and subsequent modifications of product designs to delineate areas of responsibility, personnel requirements, and operational procedures within the program, according to and consistent with company goals and policies.
- Evaluates contents of reports from product assurance program department heads and confer with top management personnel preparatory to formulating the fiscal budget for the product assurance program.
- Reviews technical problems and procedures of departments and recommends solutions to problems or changes in procedures.
- Visits and confers with representatives of material and component vendors to obtain information related to supply quality, the capacity of vendors to meet orders, and vendor quality standards.
- Confers with engineers about quality assurance of new products designed and manufactured products on market to rectify problems.
- Reviews technical publications, articles, and abstracts to stay abreast of technical developments in the industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related technical field required
- Must be a U.S. Person due to defense department contracts.
- Must be eligible to obtain US Secret Clearance.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in Quality Assurance and Regulatory Affairs.
- Advanced knowledge and prior experience with ISO and AS.
- Working knowledge of and hands-on experience with Quality Inspection Tools, QMS, and TQM approaches.
- Proven management, leadership, and organizational skills.
- High attention to detail, accuracy, and consistency.
- Result-driven self-starter who is a solution provider.
- Experience with equipment operations, QC software, blueprint interpretation, technical validation, test and inspections, and safety
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel, as necessary to Alabama and Wisconsin.
- Must have working knowledge of FAR/DFAR regulations
- 8-10 years of Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Quality Management, and Audit. experience, including 3-5 years in leadership roles in a fast-paced, high-volume manufacturing set-up.
- MBA or advanced degree related to manufacturing.
- Familiarity with APQP, PPAP, FMEA, MSA, and SPC
- Certified Quality Management System Lead Auditor
Salary Range: $75,000 - $95,000 per year depending on qualifications.