Posted Date: April 4, 2023
Status: Full Time
Synopsis: Tri-Tec is searching for a Software CM who will work with a small group of Software Engineers, tracking, documenting, and reporting configuration, change, and compliance management activities and coordinating development and testing activities. In this role, you will support the development, deployment, and maintenance of software and firmware for valve actuators installed aboard current and future US Navy ships.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Establish a software tracking system that satisfies the requirements of SS-473(NAVY) Specification for Software.
- Generate and maintain documentation formats in accordance with military standards.
- Develop, administer, and coordinate software development plans for new projects.
- Conduct design studies and write reports on each phase of software development.
- Collaborate with software engineers to create verification plans for major software functionality.
- Administer source code management and revision control system and SVN vault.
- Track Engineering changes and document design and testing activities
- Verify that software and development processes are compliant with contractual and standards requirements.
- Participate in quality system and process audits.
- Collaborate in all product design efforts in a small, tight-knit Engineering Team.
- 5 years of experience in a software development environment with disciplined engineering change control and configuration management.
- Understanding of software quality control and configuration management principles.
- Power user of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office products.
- US citizenship is mandatory due to defense contracts requirements. Background check will be performed.
- Must possess or be eligible for Confidential / NOFORN clearance level.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree. Degree or accreditation in Software Engineering or related discipline is a plus.
- Must have very strong English reading and writing skills.
- Embedded software development management.
- Designing/testing to the requirements of quality and reliability standards such as DO-178 or SS-473.
- SCM Certification is a plus.
- Familiarity with MIL-HDBK-61, SAE-EIA-649, GEIA-HB-649, IEEE 828, ISO 10007, and ISO/IEC/IEEE 12207 is a plus.
Pay Range: $100,000 - $115,000 annually, depending on qualifications