Posted Date: September 7, 2022
Status: Full Time
Synopsis: Electrical Engineer needed to design, simulate, test, troubleshoot, and maintain various circuit boards in coordination with senior electrical, mechanical, and firmware Engineers.
- Use Altium Designer to create components, schematics, PCB layouts, and manufacturing packages
- Design electronics circuitry used to control various motor types, read sensors, and communicate with various remote-control systems. Design PCBAs in collaboration with Engineering team members
- Use standard and specialized lab equipment to test and verify designs per given specifications
- Learn about EMI compliance and military standards while consulting with experts during product compliance efforts
- Work with PCB fabrication and assembly houses to solve supply chain issues and document BOM changes
- Make updates and improvements to legacy circuit boards from the last 4 decades
- Take part in team brainstorming sessions to create innovative and patentable new technologies that solve problems and create new functionality
- Support software development by producing prototypes and tools and working with Firmware Engineers
- Read circuit schematics and component datasheets
- ECAD experience
- Experience using standard test equipment like multimeters, oscilloscopes, and spectrum analyzers
- Enjoy working with others to solve difficult problems
- Analog, digital, and power electronics design
- Designing/testing for EMI, ESD, DO-160 Lightning testing or MIL-STD-1399-300 (Voltage spikes), temperature testing, and shock and vibration
- 3-5 years of experience with Altium Designer
- Designing for high voltage three-phase 440 VAC, 480 VAC, and single-phase 120 VAC
- US citizenship is mandatory due to defense contracts requirements. Background check will be performed.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 3 years of Electrical Engineering work experience
- Must have strong English reading and writing skills
Pay Range: $90,000 - $115,000 per year, depending on qualifications.
This position may be considered for a hybrid role, with the ability to travel onsite to our facility in Kent as needed. Future travel to both Alabama and Wisconsin may be required.