Posted Date: October 28, 2022
Status: Full Time
Synopsis: Tri-Tec is searching for a skilled technician to join our team designing and building valve actuator products for marine applications. In this role, you will support the development, manufacturing, and deployment of valves and valve actuators installed aboard current and future US Navy Destroyers, Frigates and Aircraft Carriers.
This position requires a person who is mechanically apt, has strong attention to detail, and pride of workmanship. The person must be organized, independent, and able to effectively prioritize competing tasks and projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assembling electro-mechanical valve actuator prototype and test units.
- Designing and building test fixtures and cables.
- Testing prototype assemblies and subassemblies.
- Testing first article products.
- Assisting manufacturing activities at times of high demand.
- There is potential for periodic domestic travel to US Naval bases and shipyards.
- High attention to detail and pride of workmanship.
- Must be good at putting together, taking apart, and fixing things.
- Understanding of how geared mechanics generally work.
- Basic understanding of how mechanical assemblies are controlled by electronics.
- Soldering and crimping wires and electronics.
- Must be organized, independent, and able to effectively prioritize competing tasks and projects.
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- US citizenship is mandatory due to defense contracts requirements. Background check will be performed.
- 3D CAD (SolidWorks)
- 3D printing
- Laser Cutting
- Wood working, milling machine, or lathe experience.
- Strong writing, grammar, and spelling skills.
Pay Range: $25.00 - $35.00 per hour, depending on qualifications.