Posted Date: June 7, 2023
Status: Full Time
Synopsis: Tri-Tec is searching for an experience Electrical Engineer to design, simulate, test, troubleshoot, and maintain electronics products in coordination with Electrical, Software, Firmware, and Mechanical Engineers. In this role, you will support the development, manufacturing, and deployment of valves and valve actuators installed aboard current and future US Navy Destroyers, Frigates and Aircraft Carriers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Design embedded controllers and power circuits that control motors, read sensors, and communicate with remote-control systems.
- Engage in holistic system design with other Engineering Team members
- Create innovative and patentable technologies that solve problems and create new functionality
- Make improvements to and update legacy circuit board designs
- Design to military and commercial EMI compliance standards with assistance from industry experts
- Use standard and specialized lab equipment to test to prescribed specifications and standards
- Use ECAD to create components, schematics, PCB layouts, and manufacturing packages
- Support third-party circuit board contract manufacturing activities
- Collaborate in all product design efforts in a small, tight-knit Engineering Team
- 10 years of experience (post Bachelor’s Degree) in electrical engineering to include electric circuit design, motor controls and circuit card design.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Be able to read circuit schematics and component datasheets
- ECAD experience
- Experience using standard test equipment like multimeters, oscilloscopes, and spectrum analyzers
- US citizenship is mandatory due to defense contracts requirements.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret level DOD Security Clearance
- Analog, digital, and power electronics design
- Designing/testing to EMI, ESD, MIL-STD-1399-300, DO-160, and shock and vibration requirements
- 5 years of experience with Altium Designer
- Designing for high voltage three-phase 440 VAC, 480 VAC, and single-phase 120 VAC
- Fieldbus (Profibus, Modbus) and fiberoptic communications
- Windows desktop application development
- Configuration Management
- Electromechanical actuators and motion control
Tri-Tec Manufacturing provides the following benefits: Medical - Dental - Vision - Life Insurance - 401k Matching - Generous Paid Time Off plus paid holidays - Career Development - Tuition Reimbursement - Mentorship Opportunities - Rewards & recognition and much more!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $95,000.00 - $115,000.00 per year