Software CM and Design Engineer
Posted Date: April 12, 2023
Status: Full Time
Synopsis: Tri-Tec is searching for a Software Design Engineer and Configuration Manager to design, write, troubleshoot, validate, and maintain software and firmware in coordination with Senior Electrical, Software, Firmware, and Mechanical Engineers. In this role, you will support the development, deployment, and maintenance of valve actuators installed aboard current and future US Navy Destroyers, Frigates, Submarines, and Aircraft Carriers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Software Design Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Create Software and Firmware that controls and provides user and communication interfaces to electromechanical valve actuators
- Engage in holistic system design with other Engineering Team members
- Create innovative and patentable technologies that solve problems and create new functionality
- Make improvements to and update legacy software
- Participate in Configuration Management (CM), testing, and qualification of legacy and newly developed software
- Collaborate in all product design efforts in a small, tight-knit Engineering Team
- Establish a software tracking system that satisfies the requirements of SS-473(NAVY) Specification for Software.
- Generate and maintain documentation formats in accordance with military standards.
- Develop, administer, and coordinate software development plans for new projects.
- Conduct design studies and write reports on each phase of software development.
- Collaborate with software engineers to create verification plans for major software functionality.
- Administer source code management and revision control system and SVN vault.
- 5 years of experience in embedded software design.
- And additional 5 years of experience in a software development environment with disciplined engineering change control and configuration management.
- Fluency in C programming Language
- Understanding of fundamentals of debugging and use of debugging tools
- Embedded microprocessor experience
- Understanding of standard communication protocols and microcontroller peripherals: GPIO, I2C, SPI, UART (RS-232, RS-485), CAN, timer/counters, PLLs, reset generators, clocking, power management, ADCs, PWM
- Extensive experience with SS-473
- Enjoy working with others to solve difficult problems
- Must have strong English reading and writing skills
- US citizenship is mandatory due to defense contracts requirements.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret level DOD Security Clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering and/or Electrical Engineering
- NXP ARM processor.
- Designing/testing to the requirements of quality and reliability standards such as DO-178, SS-473
- Fieldbus (Profibus, Modbus) and fiberoptic communications
- Windows desktop application development.
- Configuration Management.
- Electromechanical actuators and motion control.
- PCB Design.
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt.
- In-depth troubleshooting and debugging of assembly level code, off-board/inter-IC communication, signal integrity, power, PCB and, other hardware issues.
Tri-Tec Manufacturing provides the following benefits: Medical - Dental - Vision - Life Insurance - 401k Matching - Generous Paid Time Off plus paid holidays - Career Development - Tuition Reimbursement - Mentorship Opportunities - Rewards & recognition and much more!
Pay Range: $100,000 - $115,000 annually, depending on qualifications