Test Program Manager
Posted Date: May 9, 2023
Status: Full Time
Synopsis: Tri-Tec is searching for a Test Program Manager to join our Engineering team. This individual will oversee in-house and contracted compliance and precompliance testing activities for electromechanical products as part of ongoing R&D and procurement activities. Tests include topics such as EMC/EMI, ESD, Hi-Pot, networking, motor performance, lifecycle, fire, explosion proofing, noise, environmental, shock, and vibration. In this role, you will support the development, deployment, and maintenance of valves and valve actuators installed aboard current and future US Navy Aircraft Carriers, Submarines, Destroyers, and Frigates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Understand contractual testing requirements and create and manage supporting testing schedules.
- Working with in-house and third-party Engineers and Writers, create test procedures and revise to achieve customer acceptance.
- Manage pre-compliance testing efforts, provide direction and support to in-house Engineers and Techs.
- Solicit quotes from and schedule testing at outside laboratories.
- Coordinate travel to laboratories for engineers and technicians. Some travel will be necessary.
- Write test reports and submit to customers.
- Apply for specification waivers from customers when necessary.
- Conduct troubleshooting and solution implementation when required.
- Engage in holistic system design with other Engineering Team members.
- Collaborate in all product design efforts in a small, tight-knit Engineering Team.
- 2-year technical degree or similar technical accreditation
- US citizenship is mandatory due to defense contracts requirements. Background check will be performed.
- Must have strong English reading and writing skills.
- Ability to travel as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of product testing or similar experience.
- Minimum 2 years of project management or similar experience.
- Experience in EMI/EMC testing and/or in an EMI/EMC lab environment.
Pay Range: $88,000 - $104,000 annually, depending on qualifications and experience.