Mechanical Engineer (Design)
Posted Date: October 5, 2022
Status: Full Time
Synopsis: Tri-Tec is searching for a Mechanical Engineer to join a small team designing a family of valve actuator products for marine applications. In this role, you will support the development, manufacturing, and deployment of valves and valve actuators installed aboard current and future US Navy Destroyers, Frigates and Aircraft Carriers.
This position requires a person who is both independent and a strong team player who possesses exceptional organizational skills. The person must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be passionate about success.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Design products that satisfy customer requirements and comply with prescribed standards.
- Synthesize and evaluate product designs using SolidWorks CAD tools.
- Create engineering, manufacturing, and supporting documentation such as drawings, schematics, CAD Models, and work instructions.
- Manage product data using PDM and ERP tools.
- Design tooling and processes to aid fabrication, assembly, and testing activities.
- Oversee the fabrication and assembly of prototypes.
- Assist in first article testing activities including assembly of test units, writing test procedures, accompanying off-site testing, evaluating test results, and writing test reports.
- Effectively manage a dynamic set of competing immediate, planned, and long-term priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 2 years Electro-Mechanical Product Design.
- 2 years SolidWorks modeling and drafting parts and assemblies using ANSI Y14.5M and GD&T.
- Understanding of motor-driven, geared systems.
- Understanding of machining and assembly practices and Design for Manufacturing (DFM).
- Ability to interpret complementary and conflicting military specifications, industry standards, and engineering and manufacturing best practices.
- Strong communication, grammar, and spelling skills.
- Highly organized, independent, and able to effectively prioritize competing tasks and projects.
- High attention to detail, accuracy, and consistency.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- US citizenship is mandatory due to defense contracts requirements. Background check will be performed.
- Knowledge of both cast and molded part design.
- Knowledge of both cable and PCB interconnect design.
- Experience using SolidWorks configurations.
- Experience with Resilient Modeling Strategy (RMS).
- Experience with SolidWorks macros (VBA) and PDM administration.
Pay Range: $90,000 - $115,000 annually, depending on qualifications